There are a lot of rules on how to dress properly, do you keep track of everyone?
No matter what situation you are in, people will judge you based on how you look and your clothes obviously play a big role in how you are perceived as a person.
Therefore, it is especially important that you dress properly when going on a job interview or if you meet a potential partner for the first time.
Clothes can really make a big difference in the first impression and if you come dressed in a stylish and neat way, you are guaranteed to make a better impression than if you get there in clothes that you put on a little sloppy.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top golden rules when it comes to dressing the right way. Now we think it’s time we learn these once and for all!
- The middle button should always be buttoned on your suit, the top button can be buttoned depending on how you feel. Never snap the bottom one.
- If you are wearing a blouse, never unbutton more than 2 buttons
- Wear earrings that match your bracelet or necklace that matches your ring, but 3-4 things at the same time get too much.
- The tie should always reach down to the waist, not shorter or longer
- Invest in earrings or shorter skirts. Both at the same time can be too vulgar
- If you are wearing a shirt without a jacket, you do not need a tie
- You should not have deeper earrings than 10 cm from the clavicle while in the office
- The belly should not be visible between your cardigan and your jeans, so wear a top instead
- Make sure your belt always matches your shoes
- Don’t forget to remove all price tags from your clothes, or other visible “laundry instructions”
- Don’t dress in too much pattern, you can have two different patterns with matching colors, or two similar patterns in different sizes.
- Your socks should be long enough so you can’t see the skin on your legs when sitting down.
- An office blouse should always cover your shoulders, wearing blouses with thin straps is not okay on formal occasions