Match your shoes
It can be difficult to know how to match your clothes given how often the trends come and go within the fashion world. Choosing suitable shoes can be a nightmare for many, especially for those who do not know how to create harmony between the shoes and the garments that are at home in the closet.
This text contains a number of tips to help you match your shoes in the best possible way.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is the color of the shoes, as it should match the rest of the upholstery without blending in completely.
When choosing which sandals or boots to wear, whether you are visiting the office or going out to dinner, the following tips should be handy:
- Avoid matching all your clothing colors exactly
- If you use multicolored clothing, focus on a single tone
- Use different shades when creating your attire
- Ideally use classic colors and shades if you are going to stay in professional premises
Shorts and outfits
The style of your shoe is crucial to what kind of outfit it fits. For example, it is not advisable to wear sandals at formal events and it may look strange to wear sequin shoes in the office.
Here are some tips on how to think about what styles and clothes you can use:
- Heels can be worn in a variety of situations depending on the shoe’s style. Stiletto heels are really nice together with a pair of tight pants and with pen skirts because the combination makes your legs look longer. Heels are versatile because they work well with both formal dresses and more casual clothes.
- Flat sole shoes will not work in long skirts unless they are slightly raised. Women should preferably only wear flat shoes with short or knee-length skirts. They are also very suitable for knee-length shorts and three-quarter pants.
- Sandals are more flexible and fit well with any length of dresses and pants. High-heeled sandals work best with party clothes, while those with flat soles work better on everyday occasions. If you want to vary a little, you may want to wear high-heeled sandals to jeans as it creates a touch of elegance.
- Boots are only suitable in the fall and winter because they almost always make us think of colder weather. Knee-high boots are best suited for skirts and dresses because they can keep the legs warm and elegant. Lower-shaft boots are best worn for a pair of pants.
Dress by season
The season is decisive for the kind of shoes that best match your clothes. In the spring you can choose between winter and summer shoes as the temperature often switches between cold and warm. As the weather gets warmer, it’s time for sandals and comfortable shoes with flat soles.
When autumn comes, it is high time to put away the sandals and take off boots and, for example, running shoes as they match the heavier clothing fabrics of the season. Winter is the season for boots, low shoes and loafers to match richer and warmer outfits.