#44: A Dark, Moldy Secret
When this guest booked an attractive-looking room in Taipei, he was expecting to have the time of his life. Instead, he got a serious health scare. When he checked into his room, everything looked great, but there was a weird smell. Brushing it off, he went to sleep after a long day of travel. After his first night in the room, his nose was clogged, and after the second night, he started feeling sick.
He knew something in the room was causing his illness, but he couldn’t figure out what it was. He eventually thought to check the inside of the A/C in his room, and he was horrified to find black mold growing all over it. No wonder he felt sick! He called the Airbnb host, but sure enough, she was unable to provide a new wall unit or even hire someone to do a deep clean of the filter. The guest saved his lungs from further damage and promptly left.