This is how you learn to walk in high heels
A pair of beautiful high-heeled shoes can literally lift your party look. But how do you actually learn to walk in them? The Ladies’ World editorial board gives answers.
Learning to walk nicely in a pair of high pumps is an art in itself. What is simply required is practice, exercise, and so much more practice. So to clean the apartment in a pair of fancy shoes is not to be rejected. Here are 5 tips on how to learn to walk in high heels:
- Start with a pair of pumps with lower stiletto heels, or a wider heel or wedge heels. Pumps with a platform sole in the front are good to start with because they provide more stability and then you can choose a shoe with higher heels.
- Also start wearing a pair of comfortable pumps or boots with a higher heel for everyday life and you will get into a routine of walking in high heels.
- One tip is to lean slightly forward and load your toes as you walk. There are also gel pads that can be inserted into the shoe to relieve the tramp pad if it hurts.
- If the shoe has a lash belt, it is a good idea to tighten properly.
- If you are going to a party, you can have a pair of high heels in the bag so you can change just before the party, and now there are even collapsible ballerina shoes that you can bring with you in case of a crisis.